Sunday, October 12, 2008

I don't usually

just write an entry (without including a picture), but I wanted to reach out to all of you who check in with our family's blog and ask you to pray for a precious little girl named Abbey. She is the niece of one of my friends from college and was recently diagnosed with leukemia. She was hospitalized this past week and will continue her treatment from home. Her family has its own blog that I have been checking in with regularly. Just one look at her and I guarantee she'll win your heart. http://www.colbert-family.blogspot.com/

About a month or so ago, I asked Brian if we could start sharing with each other the highlight of our day before we go to sleep each night. I remember watching a movie once where the family shared their "highs" and "lows" around the dinner table. I find myself being all too quick to relive the "lows" and forget about all of the great moments in the day, plus some days seem so hectic that this becomes our quality time of interaction with each other. It's been a really neat practice for us to review with the other our highlights and we've found that it's really hard most days to pick just one thing. What a great way to look back on a day with little ones with all of the ups and downs and ins and outs they bring to our lives and remember what a gift they are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sara for posting about Abbey! We'll chat soon.

Alicia

Colbert Family said...

Hi Sarah,
I was looking at the followers on our blog while waiting for the phone to ring with the results. I clicked on your blog and saw your entry about Abbey. Thank you so much for you support and for praying for our baby girl. We are so encouraged by people like you! God bless and please keep praying....
Shelley